Computer Beep

Discussion in 'Software' started by Reuben222, Sep 9, 2005.

1. Reuben222

Reuben222 Private E-2

I just reformatted my hard drive just as a clean up. Everything was working fine before. After the blue formatting and windows' first install process, the system boots up and asks for a system boot up disk if the windows cd is not in the drive. Once the disk is in the drive, it takes me back to the initial windows process - the reformatting and copying of windows setup files.I've re-formatted and re-installed windows before and never ran into a problem. Now it will beep once every minute or so. When booting up, the system takes a while to scan my IDE drives but does not detect both hard drives and it takes a minute to verify my DMI pool. What the heck is going on? Is this a bad hard drive perhaps? That doesn't explain the computer beeping.

2. cr.Gena

cr.Gena Private First Class

Maybe this link will help you

http://www.computerhope.com/beep.htm

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds