computer beeping while playing world of warcraft

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Blondie72, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Blondie72

Blondie72 Private E-2

Hi,

My computer started beeping about 2 weeks ago. At first I thought it was while AVG was scanning, so I deleted that and installed pc-cillen.

Now when I am playing World of Warcraft (and only WOW) it is beeping continuously. I have recently upgraded the power supply to 450W and installed a new harddrive Seagate 250g sata.

Could anyone give me some suggestions please.:confused

Thanks in advance;)

2. loki1717

loki1717 Private E-2

Sounds to me like your CPU is overheating. I would suggest a new graphics card.

3. loki1717

loki1717 Private E-2

Or, if you want to risk your motherboard, raise your temperature warning level from within your BIOS. Or look into a new cooling unit. Blow out some dust from your tower (assuming it's a desktop) with some clean, compressed air. Make sure all of your cooling units are working.

4. Blondie72

Blondie72 Private E-2

Thanks for your suggestions Loki, will try those things and see how she goes!!

;)

5. loki1717

loki1717 Private E-2

Go for it, tell us how it works out.

6. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle MajorGeek

I have to agree I have a MSI mobo with a P4 "Prescott" and it used to beep which was an overheating alarm, gaming arguably produces the most significant stress on your components and thus overheating. You could consider an aftermarket HS to provide extra cooling for the CPU.

7. loki1717

loki1717 Private E-2

There are some pretty nice PCI cooling units for about $5 at thinkgeek.com.

8. Blondie72

Blondie72 Private E-2

ok, I upgraded my video card today to a Radeon x1650 PRO, great graphics, system running a lot cooler, however getting an error whenever I log into World of Warcraft. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance;)

9. loki1717

loki1717 Private E-2

What exactly is the error you're getting?

10. Blondie72

Blondie72 Private E-2

The error message is:

This application has encountered a critical error:

ERROR #134 (0x85100086) Fatal Condition
    Program: C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\WoW.exe

Failed to read data.

11. loki1717

loki1717 Private E-2

First, try to run repaire.exe. It can be found in your WoW directory. Usually C:/Program Files/Worldofwarcraft. Run it, then WoW, then tell us what happens. You may need to repatch to a point.

When you run repair.exe click scan and repair (it may be something else, haven't ran it in a while).

12. Blondie72

Blondie72 Private E-2

Thank you guys for all your help, I actually put another stick of ram in today and that seems to have done the trick.

So back I go to the world of warcraft!!!

Thanks again;)

13. loki1717

loki1717 Private E-2

Good to see everything's working out. I'm glad I could help.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds