Computer clicks when I push the power button then wont turn on

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Sleepinfun3, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Sleepinfun3

Sleepinfun3 Private E-2

So recently my computer for work got knocked over. When I push the power on button, the computer starts to get going and makes a series of 3 clicks. Before the monitor even turns on, the computer just shuts off. I am guessing something got damaged when it got knocked over. I was hoping someone would have a rough idea.

2. thesmokingun

thesmokingun MajorGeek

rough idea:
    open it up and make sure all the cables are secure and nothing metal has been knocked around..if still no dice, then start by disconnecting each device (i would check the hard drive(s) 1st, as they are probably most prone to damage) 1 by 1 until you have eliminated all that you could, besides the power plug to the motherboard .
    i would start with also checking to make sure the cpu fan didnt fall off.

3. Sleepinfun3

Sleepinfun3 Private E-2

thanks, that answers my questio n perfectly. I'm going to get started.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds