computer colors are green?

Discussion in 'Software' started by whitelines, Nov 24, 2006.

1. whitelines

whitelines Private E-2

Hey. I hope I'm posting this in the correct place. My friend is having problems with her computer, her screen/desktop is tinted green. (with a little red) I had her go to her display settings and see if she could fix it there, but it's not working. Is there any way she can restore everything back to its default? Or what should she do? Oh, and her operating system is Windows XP.

2. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

Can you pull up a menu on that monitor? Check for preset or an equivalent word. If this just started then your monitor could be heading south. What kind of monitor is it?

3. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

May also be a de-gauzz option ....

4. whitelines

whitelines Private E-2

The monitor is a Komodo Brand Moniter and it just started earlier about 30 minutes ago. She restarted and the problem is still there. I'm not very smart, so how would she pull up a menu?

5. TimW

Try it on another computer ....see if it has the same problems ...or/and a different one on hers.

6. whitelines

whitelines Private E-2

What do you want me to try on the computer?

7. whitelines

whitelines Private E-2

She's joining the site right now, so she can explain things better.

8. TimW

I meant to swap the monitor with another monitor .....test a good monitor on her system and her monitor on a good computer.

9. whitelines

whitelines Private E-2

Ooooh, okay I'll ask her to do that. Sorry, I'm very tired right now.

10. Jommy4Life

Jommy4Life Private E-2

it still has the same problem.:confused:

11. TimW

Monitor is going south ....is there a button anywhere on the monitor that will bring up a menu screen?

12. Jommy4Life

Jommy4Life Private E-2

its fixed now thnx. and there is no button on the monitor

13. TimW

We are all awaiting the answer to the fix .....:)

14. leopold99

leopold99 Private First Class

this would be my guess.
    usually turning your monitor off and wait 15 minutes then turning it on will fix the problem.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds