Computer Connects to WiFi AT&T mobile hotspot, but no internet access

Discussion in 'Software' started by Buffoon, Sep 16, 2014.

1. Buffoon

Buffoon Private E-2

I am using a Samsung Galaxy Express phone on the AT&T network. I've been able to get my Windows 7 computer to connect to the wifi hotspot created by the phone, and it indicates that there is plenty of power (four bars or so).

However, even though there is an indication that I'm connected (it has accepted the password), I can access the internet. I get the yellow mark in the connection indicator showing that there is no access.

So far, I have gone to the network and sharing center and set the network up as a home network.

I've also deleted the network connection and reconnected, and that didn't help.

I've also rebooted the phone and the computer, and that didn't help.

Does anyone have any additional advice?

2. Buffoon

Buffoon Private E-2

By the way, my laptop (Toshiba Satellite) will connect to my home wireless modem, so it isn't the wireless modem.

I've tried pinging google.com on the Command Prompt, and that didn't work, either.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds