Computer Crashed need help!

Discussion in 'Software' started by Leehela7, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Leehela7

Leehela7 Private E-2

So my Inspiron E1505 Crashed and had to be nuked. Now I used driver detetective demo to find out that these drivers all are out of date. I cannot upgrade anything using windows upgrade and my sound is still very scratchy.

Is there anyway to find these online and download them?

Out of date IDE ATA/ATAPI Controller

Intel(R) 82801 GBM/GHM (ICJ7-M Family) serial ATA Storage Controller - 27C4

OUt of date IEEE 1394 Bus Host Controllers

OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host controller

Our Of Date Modems

Conexant HDA D110 MDC V. 92 Modern

System devices out of date

(4) Intel (R) 82801G (ICH7 Family) PCI Express Root Port 027DO

Interl(R) 82801 PCI Bridge-2448

Mobile Intel(R) 955XM/945GM/PM/940GML Express Processor to DRAM Controller ? 27AO

Then i have none of these it said

(2) Video Controller
    Base System Device
    Base System Device
    Base System Device
    Ethernet COntroller

thank you for your time

2. thesmokingun

thesmokingun MajorGeek

why don't u run Everest Free edition, then run the report wizard, and attach it to your next post...also, go to dell's support site (or use their support software) and check for your specific model #, (usethe service tag to get to the site) and there will be the drivers you need..
    btw, i don't trust those types of driver sites, they prolly just want your money to tell you that you are up to date.

3. joelsz

joelsz First Sergeant

You should be able to find most if not all of your drivers here:
    http://support.dell.com/support/dow...SPIRONI6400/E1505&os=WW1&osl=en&catid=&impid=

As you can see there are a couple of different versions of your machine.
    You need to determine your "Service Tag Number" (Your Service Tag is a unique five- to seven- digit alphanumeric (letter and number) code, which is found on a white bar-coded label affixed to your Dell computer.) and use it to figure your exact driver needs.

Always install the chipset driver first, as many drivers depend on it.

4. Leehela7

Leehela7 Private E-2

i went to dell and i downloaded the ones i could find then i went to the site you gave me and i got the registry mechanic and registry booster is that what you wanted me to dl ?

My SERVICE TAG# i think is F4RFKB1?

5. sosaman

sosaman Sergeant Major

no, that's not what they wanted you to d/l. you need to click to the right of the little flags (screenshot below). you probably, accidentally clicked one of the sponsor ads. they wanted you to d/l "everest". - sos

edit - we also need to know what operating system you have (ie - xp, or vista). - sos

Attached Files:

• ev.jpg
      ev.jpg
      File size:
      18.4 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2008
  6. Leehela7

Leehela7 Private E-2

Well I did that and i dont really want to post all the info it gave me on the web but ill post anything needed...

I use Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition

7. sosaman

sosaman Sergeant Major

all you would be posting (the report) is the computer h/d, and s/w installed, etc. the report does not contain any personal information, etc. i'm not exactly sure what all they want out of the report (you can narrow it down), but it would probably be beneficial if you posted the whole thing? - sos

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds