Computer crashes right after load screen.

Discussion in 'Software' started by redvonmunster, Sep 24, 2008.

1. redvonmunster

redvonmunster Private E-2

Hi, thanks for the help before hand.

I play World of Warcrack and things have been fine since I started playing a few months ago. Then all of a sudden today, I logged in; the load screen did it's thing and I was in game for a min or so and then my computer reset. I waited for the 'reboot' and logged back in to the game, the load screen hit and did it's thing and right when the little bar on the bottom of the screen let me know I was about to jump into the game, my computer restarted again. This happens every time now and only when I try to play WoW. I'm not sure what info you guys need and I'm fairly computer retarded. I've tried updating my drivers and direct x and I'm not even sure if I actually did it or not. Any help would be great.

2. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

First things first. Do you get a BSoD error? As in, the horrid big blue screen we love to hate...? If you do, please post the stop error here.

If not, start by doing a total and complete uninstall of WoW, and do a full reboot. Then go find your installation discs and do a clean install, update it all the way (yeah, a huge pain, I know), and report back with results.

If the complete reinstall didn't help, we're going to know a little bit more about your computer, both hardware and software, and if we do, I'll give you a list of what I want to know and where to find it. :)

3. redvonmunster

Ha I'm lucky then, I think; no blue screen, just an annoying restart. I'll give the uninstall a whirl, thanks.

4. redvonmunster

Alright, I did the complete uninstall; deleted everything that had World of Warcraft and did a clean install and I'm still having the same problem.

5. redvonmunster

Alright, I tried updating my direct x and drivers again and now the game is working. The way my luck goes, this will happen again LOL. I just don't know if I actually did anything, or if it decided to work on it's own or what?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds