computer display looks 'lighter'

Discussion in 'Software' started by sheena, Apr 15, 2011.

1. sheena

sheena Corporal

Last night and again today the picture on my monitor appeared lighter. The print is not as dark, the blues are not as deep,[blue is my default background], and so on. I say lighter because it doesn't look faded, just, well, lighter. What does this mean? [I have changed absolutely nothing.]
    How do I get my perfect picture back?
    Sheena

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Is this a laptop or a desktop PC if a laptop what make and model and if a desktop what is the monitor type (LCD or CRT) and make and model?

What Windows version and service pack are you using and where you say you have not changed anything, does this mean that you have not done Windows update this week or updated or installed any software?

3. sheena

sheena Corporal

Thanks, DavidGP.
    I don't want to give too many details publicly. But it is a desktop PC with a crt monitor. I could email you more details. Hope you understand. It is an older but very reliable, hard working computer that I seem to have developed a relationship with.
    I am using windows xp prof with ser pack 2. It is layered over previous versions of things, and tune-up keeps telling me to get a faster processor. I have done no installations or windows updates.
    Sheena

Last edited: Apr 15, 2011
  4. sheena

sheena Corporal

Davidgp, an addendum to my reply: everything is running alright, and the display seems lighter after the computer has been running for awhile. I am on the computer an awful lot. The lightness just makes me wonder if it is a presage of things to come. I can live with it. Just don't want it to be anything serious. Like checking out a suspicious mole just in case.
    sheena

5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

What I asked is not someting that the secret police will latch onto as its vague and will never link a post here to a PC!

If the display is running ok after a while then its likely the CRT is getting old and will have issues like contrast fade develop over time, as for suspicious moles..... well I work for SIS of UK Gov so....well !!!

6. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Spy for MI6!!!!! Now the secret is out!!! :-D

7. sheena

sheena Corporal

DavidGP, thanks, The display colors are fine for a while in the beginning but after running for a while, get lighter.
    SIS? what is that?are you serious? :eek

Sheena

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds