Computer display problems from hdmi

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by adamerhoads, Jun 10, 2010.

1. adamerhoads

adamerhoads Private E-2

I have an HP Pavilion laptop. Recently I got a Samsung LED TV. I am using an hdmi cable to connect the two and watch computer content on the tv. It works fine but when I unplug my computer display is messed up. There are gaps on top and bottom and it doesnt look right. I am not smart enough to figure out what the problem is. Can anyone help? thanks

2. theefool

theefool Geekified

So, it is fine, when it is plugged in, but, when you unplug it doesn't look good on the monitor (tv screen) I assume that powering off and on, fixes the monitor issue? Or is it the laptop that has the problem?

3. adamerhoads

adamerhoads Private E-2

Yes it is the laptop that has the problem, the tv is always fine. When I unplug the laptop from the tv the laptop display is messed up as i described.

4. adamerhoads

adamerhoads Private E-2

anyone have any ideas on this? thanks

5. adamerhoads

adamerhoads Private E-2

um, i figured it out. thanks.

6. theefool

theefool Geekified

What did you do to fix it?

7. adamerhoads

adamerhoads Private E-2

for some reason the computer was not letting me adjust the screen resolution. the next morning i was able to. thanks

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds