Computer doesn't recognise disk drive

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by robsmom, Oct 15, 2011.

1. robsmom

robsmom Private E-2

I have Windows XP Home Edition..I got a new laptop this week, trying to load some stuff from my PC to then put in the laptop, which is a Windows 7 system. When i try to write to the cd I get "no disk in the drive" I did try to upload a program from a disk I know is good and got the same thing. The last time I up loaded from a disk was two weeks ago when I installed a new Trackball type mouse and had no trouble doing that. What can have happened? and what do I do to further find out and how to fix it...Shirley:(

2. falconattack

falconattack Command Sergeant Major

Hi mate , run this utility

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/cd_dvd_drive_problems/en-us

post the report , in device manager everything is fine ? Is there any yellow flag ? :wave

3. robsmom

robsmom Private E-2

Thank you very much! It worked and all is good again...

4. iain.t

iain.t MajorGeek

5. robsmom

robsmom Private E-2

Thank you too. I had not thought of that yet. robsmom

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds