computer freezes + fan restarts

Discussion in 'Software' started by merrygoround, Oct 3, 2007.

1. merrygoround

merrygoround Private E-2

my computer started to freeze every five minutes and the fan reruns itself as if i just turned on the computer again. this happened ever since i reformated it. could it be the hard drive? cas its so weird it freezes every five minutes. wen it does freeze, the fan just starts running, making the loud fan noise. i need help!! i dont know what is wrong...

2. Novice

Novice MajorGeek

Welcome to Major Geeks!:)

More information is necessary before any helpful advice can be given. What type of computer ( desktop/laptop ), what OS ( XP, 2000, Win98), and the computer manufacturer. What problem were you trying to correct with the reformat?

3. GRWDAD

GRWDAD Private First Class

Have you cleaned it? Just mentioning a fan stopping and starting in combination with PC freezing, sounds like classic over heating. But first things first, like Novice asked, why the reformat?

4. shanrene123

shanrene123 Private First Class

Not to interupt you giving more info about reformatting, but I've found that normally when a PC overheats, it shuts itself off for safety reasons. Indeed you may need to clean (blow-out) the fan after removing it or you may even need to replace the fan with a new one. Is it the MB fan or an extra PC fan? You can find more info about specific hardware such as fans, etc...on the Hardware Technical Forum.

Good luck!

:)shanrene

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds