Computer freezes on start up, reboot then nothing

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by IMSA A, Sep 14, 2007.

1. IMSA A

IMSA A Private E-2

Specifics

ABIT IC7-G mobo
    Pentium 4 3.0
    2 200 GB WD HD’s
    1 60 GB WD HD
    2 Sony CD/ DVD
    Zip drive
    2 Gigs ram

I start my computer and the first thing that comes on my screen has Phoenix something at the top, then 4 lines including Test Memory and Pentium 4. That’s it. It doesn’t continue on to show Duel something or another and Detect IDE drives or the rest of usual list. I then reboot and I get no image at all on my monitor and a one second long beep continuously.

Sometimes my computer just stops at the Test Memory 104 whatever that means

I unplugged the power, reset the COMS plug on the MOBO, and disconnected the HD’s one at a time to see if that might help. The HD activity light on the front of my computer shows a steady blue light rather than a flickering light which tells me the HD’s may not being read. I can hear the HD’s spin up but that's it.

For some reason I was getting no power to my CD/DVD drives so I replaced the power unit with an new Antec 350 watt unit I had laying around to see if mayby my power unit was having problems. I'm getting power to the drives now but will replace it with a 600 watt when I get the other problems figured out

Any ideas?

IMSA

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

I found this

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds