Computer freezes on wireless card insertion.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DanTekGeek, Aug 30, 2004.

1. DanTekGeek

DanTekGeek Master Sergeant

i just got a new high power wireless card. this thing has built in wireless, but it wasent powerfull enough. i followed the directions in the box, installed the driver and such, but as soon as i put the card in, the computer freezes. wont do anything, but as soon as i take it out, it goes back to normal, it is pcmcia, so it should be plug and play. any help here guys?

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

make sure the chipset drivers are up to date for the laptop. The PCMCIA drivers could be old.

3. DanTekGeek

they are windows drivers, circa 2001. i cant seem to find any new ones online, well, i havent been able to find any. the card softare tries to install an unsigned driver. i know that sometimes unsigned drivers can cause problems, but i thought it was pretty rare.

4. DanTekGeek

ok, SiSandra, AIDA, and device manager all show two pcmcia controllers, one by o2 and one by TI. is it just me? or is that weird, especially considering i only have one slot.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds