computer freezes when i stomp my foot!?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Phalxor, Jun 1, 2007.

1. Phalxor

Phalxor Private E-2

basically as the title says everything with the computer is fine, after a long while of gaming the gpu may overheat and it will crash, but thats no big issue. then just yesterday my freind discovered he had total control over my computer, if he just stomped the ground, not even that hard. basically EVERYTHING ceases to move on the screen the HDD light no longer flickers and the power button on the front of the computer becomes useless, im forced to turn off the psu then on again.

my freind said that it was probly my harddrive and when either of us stomped on the ground it de-aligned the head or whatever and it sucked, just wondering if he is right and if it is the cause of the freezing.

sorry for the lack of details but this is a fairly general question, i got my computer 4 years ago so the hd is about that old.

2. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

Open it and make sure all your cards, RAM and connectors are secure. You may have something loose, especially if you have moved it before. Also, you could take the time to get a can of compressed air and blow out any dust in the case. That may even help your overheating problems.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds