Computer freezes when opening applications

Discussion in 'Software' started by geekytony, Nov 6, 2010.

1. geekytony

geekytony Private E-2

. After running rkill, malwarebytes, hijackthis: my computer continues to freeze every time I open up an application. I can click the start button and browse through folders, applications extremely fast though.

2. geekytony

geekytony Private E-2

I should also add that I get a single beep when I start up the computer.

3. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

It may be that windows files need checking, after using these tools, I suggest that you click Start, then run, then type in sfc /scannow, and put your windows disk in the dvd/cd rom drive, -if it starts up, just click exit, and watch the little window in the middle of your screen, as the check progreses- If it shows a retry box, click retry, and it will replace any damaged windows protected file, as it goes. It can take up to an hour depending on your specs of your machine.
    In Vista, and Windows7, the run command is under accessaries.
    The single beep is often a normal post beep.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2010

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds