Computer Freezing during full virus scan

Discussion in 'Software' started by samiam08, Jan 21, 2010.

1. samiam08

samiam08 Private E-2

Over the last few months I have not been able to run a full virus scan. I have MacAfee and my subscription is up to date. Every time I run the full scan it freezes up at 91 or 92% complete. I have tried running the scan while nothing else is running on my computer and it still freezes. I have taken it to the computer people at my school and they did not find a virus. I also ran Ad-aware scan, i was able to run the quick scan but it froze when i tried to run the complete scan.

I am runing windows vista 32-bit on a dell 1310. It is only a year old, and it is running really slow.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to reformat but i'm not sure what else to try.

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Since McAfee is a paid program and you are up to date, have you either emailed or done an instant chat with tech from McAfee to get the freeze during a scan fixed? That's the first place to start.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds