Computer Froze now wont start

Discussion in 'Software' started by Gamergirl89, May 1, 2014.

1. Gamergirl89

Gamergirl89 Private E-2

Hey Everyone,

I have a windows 8 HP desktop.

While I was watching Netflix using the app on my desktop, the computer froze leaving me with a weird screen (colored lines running left to right) and all of a sudden there was a weird sound coming out of the speakers.

I could not do alt+ctl+delete to close the program or anything so I had to do a hard shut down. I then tried to power the tower back up and it wont turn completely on.

When I push the power button to turn it on you can hear the computer turn on and it sounds like it is going to turn on but noting comes on the screen. The computer starts up but then shuts its self back off and then turns its self back on.

Its seems to be stuck in the cycle. Turns on. shuts off, repeat.

If someone could help me fix this or give me idea what is wrong i would greatly appreciate it.

2. Nick T

Nick T MajorGeek

hey G, power off then unplug the computer, leave it off for as long as possible (8-12 hours) then plug it back in and power on, if it comes on quickly schedule a disk check, then see what happens . Good luck.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds