Computer gets laggy when running program.

Discussion in 'Software' started by silas, May 26, 2010.

1. silas

silas MajorGeek

I play on a few poker sites. One of them only gives me an issue. While playing it constantly sloowws and acts like dial up with delays of typing, clicking, moving mouse.. and eventually freezes then I get"timed out" 45 seconds and I get forced to sit out. Then I wait and wait.. and sometimes it then just kicks like a really quick group of sounds like what would have been heard if I played.. Like the timer sounded then beep to remind me of timer... then fold card sound.. then after quick sounds I see I am now sitting out and I click the "sit up" button. I then play and little later happens again. Any reason why? I got 3 G windows XP sp 3 . No programs running cept this program... and atm under ctrl alt delete proccess firefox is 274,000 KBs and poker program is 76,000 KB Ive uninstalled and reinstalled it many times. Another thing is I did there"test" that likes test for the disconnect thing and they said only thing it showed an item that could be causing was wireless/firewall. But yet I have nothing wireless on here nor dose firewall do anything to it. I even uninstalled firewall to test many times. I got dell windows xp sp3 3 G Any suggestions? Any thing I can run? I know theres things people ask you to use something on your computer while its happening. But usually when that is asked It doesnt happen when need to.

2. silas

silas MajorGeek

Something to add is I have IE explorers open but only thing I had was firefox and poker program open. Can this mean something else as well other from my issue with this poker site software?

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

When you mention "sites" and onky one in particular, does the site need you to install an app also or is the the app stand alone?

Iexplore open could be that the app uses IE, guessing as dont know what app it is, could be Win update, doing a check, if you notice the game go slow bring up task manager and close the Iexplore listings and see what happens, do discribe if the app crashes or not etc

I would update Adobe Flash and Sun Java to rule them out as many online games use them, what is your antivirus app? disable that to test.

Try safe mode wirh networking and see if that works ok, could help rule in or out a few things.

4. silas

silas MajorGeek

I tried everything for this site like you said. I disabled all programs its not firewall because you have to connect to start the program itself and firewall can block it. Also everything is clean, cookies clean everything. I did there test for what they use for people that disconnect but its not that its slowww/freezes/locks up while playing poker tables. Its the only program. Also its fulltiltpoker.com. You download there program to your computer and connect to them. Last year there test said I had maybe an issue with firewall/wireless but it shows no true issues but nothing else shows any bad marks. It was like sending packets back to the server or something.

5. silas

silas MajorGeek

Uploaded proccesses to show what is under it. At the time I only had Fulltiltpoker open with 1 game running. No browsers.

Attached Files:

6. silas

silas MajorGeek

First, we need some information about your Internet connection. Please answer the following three questions in your reply to this email:

1) What type of Internet connection do you have?
    2) What Internet service provider are you using?
    3) Are you using a wireless Internet connection?

Next, we would like you to run a traceroute and email it back to us. The traceroute will help us determine why your connections to the server may be weak and target the source of the issue.

To generate and send a traceroute report, please follow these steps:

If you are running Windows XP, please follow these three steps:

1) Click on "Start" and select "Run...".
    2) Type "command".
    3) Select "OK". This will bring up a "command prompt" window with a cursor blinking next to the ">" symbol.

If you are running Windows Vista, please follow these three steps:

1) Click on the Windows logo in the corner of your screen.
    2) In the "Start Search" field, type "command".
    3) Press the "Enter" key. This will bring up a "command prompt" window with a cursor blinking next to the ">" symbol.

After loading the command prompt window, just follow these four steps to complete the traceroute:

1) In the command prompt window type the following: tracert 91.211.96.7 and press "Enter".
    2) When you see "Trace Complete" in the bottom of the command prompt window, right-click inside of the window and choose "Select all".
    3) Press the "Enter" key to copy the command prompt text to the clipboard.
    4) In your reply to this email, press "Ctrl" + "V" to paste the command prompt text into the body of the email.

This is what the site ask you to do if you got any disconnection issues.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds