Computer Issue Or Website Issue

Discussion in 'Malware Help - Public (Anyone Can Post & Respond)' started by 9550, Apr 27, 2017.

1. 9550

9550 Private E-2

hi all
    so, was browsing with chrome earlier today, looking at lowes website.
    pretty much right when i got to the site, i get the scam popups about how my computer is infected and call the phone number provided blah blah blah. you close the window and another one pops up, etc, etc.

is this typically a website issue? a computer thing?
    thanks in advance

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

[​IMG] Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.
    • Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.
    • Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista,Seven,Eight or 10, right-mouse click it and select Run as Administrator.
    • The tool will open and start scanning your system.
    • Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
    • On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
    • Attach JRT.txt to your next message.

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.
    • Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
      Vista/Windows 7/8 and 10 users right-click and select Run As Administrator
    • Click on the Scan button.
    • AdwCleaner will begin...be patient as the scan may take some time to complete.
    • After the scan has finished, click on the Report button...a logfile (AdwCleaner[R#].txt) will open in Notepad for review (where the largest value of # represents the most recent report).
    • The contents of the log file may be confusing. Unless you see a program name that you know should not be removed, don't worry about it. If you see an entry you want to keep, let me know about it.
    • Attach the logfile to your next reply.
    • A copy of all logfiles are saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder which was created when running the tool.

3. 9550

9550 Private E-2

Hi, thanks
    so i did as you requested. the steps were a little different than you described, but i think i got what youre looking for (there is no 'report' button to click. i click the logfile button and then opened the log and saved.
    currently, i still have the application open and my current available options are clean or logfile).
    i havent 'clean'ed anything as of yet.
    im not sure if those folders are necessary to keep or not (in the adwcleaner log)
    thanks again

Attached Files:

4. TimW

Have ADWcleaner clean what it found.

5. 9550

9550 Private E-2

done.
    report attached.

Attached Files:

6. TimW

How are things running?

7. 9550

9550 Private E-2

seems fine. the issue wasnt persistant before though.
    i assume you think it was some type of computer based thing ?

8. TimW

Yes.... probably adware.

9. 9550

9550 Private E-2

ok, thanks again

10. TimW

You're very welcome.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds