Computer locking up on login

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Vonlutt, Jun 23, 2007.

1. Vonlutt

Vonlutt Private E-2

I was trying to install Nvidia Ntune on my laptop ( http://www.nvidia.com/object/sysutility.html )

Downloaded it, was in the process of installing it, reached the final bar... and then locked up my computer. I had to cold reboot it, restarted it, and the login screen came up. Typed in password and started logging in... and it paused up again, locked completely cant move anything.

Cold rebooted again. Waited this time... and while watching it the computer locked up again, didnt even get a chance to type anything in had i wanted to..

Next time i tried, logged in as fast as i could, reached windows and my desktop.... locked up yet again..

I'm at a loss as to what i can do to fix this, any ideas on what i can do?

:cry

2. Vonlutt

Vonlutt Private E-2

Pc Microworks
    XP Pro SP2
    AMD motherboard, turion dual core
    4 gigs of ram
    SLI 7950GTx

Heres a link to it since i cant get anything off of my comp at the moment..
    http://www.pcmicroworks.com/vega.htm

3. Vonlutt

Vonlutt Private E-2

Got in on safe mode... how do i diagnose my problem?

On a side note, when i tried repairing windows or even wiping the current installation clean and making a new one it told me: Error: Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer.

Regardless... how do i fix my problem, what ever my problem is, via safemode?

4. studiot

studiot MajorGeek

I sincerely hope that you did not succeed in starting a reinstall and that you can still access safe mode.

In safe mode start system restore and restore to before you tried the Nvidia. This is the classic case of what SR is all about.

start>programs>accessories>systemtools>systemrestore

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds