Computer locks up when I click on picture to attach to email

Discussion in 'Software' started by sherrymcneil77@yahoo.com, Nov 20, 2010.

1. When I click on a picture (.jpg files) to attach to an email, my computer locks up and all it does is make a ding-bell sound with each click of the mouse. I have to log off every time. I ran a scan by Windows Defender and McAfee Total Protection and both say I do not have a infection. But I do not believe it.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

What Windows version and Service Pack are you using?
    What email application and version are you using?

If you say boot to safe mode (F8 at boot and choose Safe Mode with Networking) does your email and attachments work ok?

3. I am using Windows Vista and my email is Yahoo on Windows Internet Explorer. I have not yet tried booting in Safe Mode. Will do that next.

4. Drizzles

Drizzles First Sergeant

Hiya Sherry, just pointing out one thing here too, its best not to use your email address as a username or post it on forums etc, its the easiest way to get spam mail, there are bots (programs) that simply trawl the internet all day and pick up people emails to send spam mail to. Perhaps Halo can fix it for you ... I think hes a mod ...

5. Need to get Halo to fix that right away!! Thanks!

6. Halo, Drizzles says I need to change my User ID for login from my email address to prevent spammers from enundating my email address. Can you help me with that? What would be a good ID to use? And what is the acceptable format for that?

7. Drizzles

Drizzles First Sergeant

No problem ;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds