Computer Monitor upside down

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by wenzela, Apr 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wenzela

wenzela Private E-2

My daughter just called me and asked how to correct her monitor image. It suddenly turned upside down, i.e. the desktop is upside down, her e-mail is upside down, everything! I have never heard of this happening. Can anyone help? She must have clicked a wrong key combination or something like that???
    Thanks
    Al

2. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

Yes, some video cards support this function. I can't say exactly where the setting is, but if you were to follow the steps below, you'd be ALMOST there:

1. Right click anywhere on the desktop
    2. Select 'Properties'
    3. Select the 'Settings' tab
    4. Press the 'Advanced' button

I'm willing to wager that on one of the tabs you see now there is a setting to rotate the display. There might be an even easier way if she has the correct taskbar icon. You could try clicking the one for your video card, and it might provide an easier way to find the rotation setting.

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

I'm with you Mada, donr this myself a few times in work, PITA to navigate with mouse tho, but if Nvidia the steps are;

as above to #4 then

5. Click nVidia ( Geforce ) tab
    6. NVRotate
    7. click either Landscape or the arrows to rotate the screen back to normal
    8. Apply

4. wenzela

wenzela Private E-2

Thanks, Mada_Milty, but that one didn't do it. Nowhere is there a rotate image function. Have to keep looking.
    Al

5. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Try pressing ctrl + alt up or down key (try this with number lock off or maybe on ...both ways) ....

6. wenzela

wenzela Private E-2

Thanks, guys! Problem solved. It was rather simple on the PC in question.
    Right click desktop and click on graphic options - I guess it is the graphics card settings.
    Al

7. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

Some background info for anyone interested, from an old MG thread

Display, upside down in XP. http://8help.osu.edu/1722.html

Within Windows XP, certain video drivers or graphics card chipsets supporting 180 degree screen rotation can cause the Windows XP display to be presented upside down. This can be (but is not always) tied to lowering the screen resolution in some accessibility programs. MG68720.
    To revert to a right-side up display, hold down the CTRL, ALT and UP (arrow) keys.

Bazza

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds