Computer non responsive

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Scout353, Jul 17, 2006.

1. Scout353

Scout353 Private E-2

OK, I booted up my computer and then left it for several hours, working on it from my laptop with remote desktop. When I came back to it(never left the house) it was off. I said to myself, thats weird and tried to boot it up and nothing happens except when I flip the switch back and forth on the ps, I get a brief light to flicker next the power button. The lights are all on on the mobo, it just won't boot. I can't get any fans to turn on, no sounds at all.

What do you think my problem is???

Scout353

2. matt.chugg

matt.chugg MajorGeek

Sounds like the power supply might be shot. Incidently flicking it on an off can cause surges which may cause more damage.

Matt

3. Scout353

Scout353 Private E-2

Yup, my PS is shot. I went down to my local computer store, which usually has cheap ps(get what your pay for come to find out) and they had went out of business!!!!!!!!!

Anyway just put in an order for a new one, I confirmed it was the PS by switching it out with another computers ps.

Thanks

4. matt.chugg

matt.chugg MajorGeek

No problem, I was going to suggest testing it with another computer. Perhaps you might want to look at some kind of surge protection.

Matt

5. Scout353

Scout353 Private E-2

Thats the funny thing, it was battery backuped up and surge protected! I guess I need to look into possible replacing that too, or switching it out with one that the devices on it are not expensive and critical.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds