computer not reconizing mouse

Discussion in 'Software' started by paul70, Dec 18, 2009.

1. paul70

paul70 Corporal

strange problem here , when i got a new mouse last night i pluged it in and windows 7 found the driver etc and was working fine , how ever this morning when i turned pc on and went to put my password in the mouse was not responding , so i used my old mouse to put my password in which worked fine , then tried my new mouse and it worked , so the problem is why cant i use my new mouse from the password stage :confused

2. paul70

paul70 Corporal

its just happened to me recently and it means changing mouses every time i put my password in which is a pain tbh , has anybody got a fix for this please

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi Paul

What type of mouse is this? Make and Model and type (type as on PS2, USB or Wireless/Bluetooth)

Check for actual makers drivers for this mouse and install those or in Device Manager delete the mouse driver, unplug the mouse then plug it back in to re-install the driver, then in Device Manager and open the mouse driver properties and see if any updates are for the mouse.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds