computer only displaying 16 colours

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by charlie27072001, Apr 17, 2005.

1. charlie27072001

charlie27072001 Private E-2

since crashing my PC (WIN98) is only giving me 16 colours. I try to change it but reverts to 16 colours.

Tried to RESTORE day1, etc but nothing happens.

Please help me

2. kjanz

kjanz Corporal

you don't say if you reinstalled the video drivers.

apparently not. you must find out what video card is in the commputer, download proper drivers and install them.

3. charlie27072001

How do I find out about video card

I went to Microsoft update and asked for drivers but they say I have all that are required.

4. charlie27072001

How do I find out about video card

I went to Microsoft update and asked for drivers but they say I have all that are required.

I've done a thorough scan but can't find what's wrong. Is there anything else I can try to show me where's there a fault?

5. Triaxx2

Triaxx2 MajorGeek

Right click my computer, and hit properties. Select device manager tab, and open video adapters. It'll tell you what you've got.

6. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

Download a copy of Everest Home Edition from HERE and that will tell you what it is and provide links for drivers.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds