Computer only runs in Safe Mode

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by aflora, Jul 1, 2012.

1. aflora

aflora Private E-2

Hello,

I have been looking up different threads on Safe Mode issues and can not find one that matches my issue.

I have a Compaq Presario CQ56-115DX, Windows 7.

The problem happened a few months back and I can't seem to fix it. I have even called Tech Support and the problem was only fixed for a few days. I have also tried restoring the computer back to the last update that I have, nothing seems to work.

When I go to start up in normal mode, sometimes it will stay stuck on the 'Welcome' screen. Other times, it will load up (takes a while) then it will allow me to pull up a browser, then it will freeze in about 5 minutes.

I can pull it up in safe mode and use the internet for a while, but it will turn off because it over heats.

If anyone has any suggestions please let me know. Any advice would be helpful :)

Also, If I have to completely wipe my system I am willing to do that. Anything to get it back to normal!

Thanks

2. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

Hello there. This is my suggestion. Let's rule out malware as being the cause. Take a look at this. READ & RUN ME FIRST. Malware Removal Guide (Go through as much of it as you possibly can due to the difficulties you are experiencing)

3. aflora

aflora Private E-2

Alright - here is the update:

I went through all of the programs listed and downloaded them all.
    I ran each program

RogueKiller
    Malwarebytes Anti- Malware
    HitMan Pro
    MGtools.

All of these were ran with UAC turned off.

Everything seemed to scan smoothly except MGtools, every time I would try and run it I would get half way through and my computer would shut off from over heating. I will attach the logs that I have that was saved to my computer.
    I am no wizz at computers, I know the basics, so I am hoping you all we have the patience to help me through this.

I restarted my computer when it asked me to, it would try to boot up in normal mode, but would still freeze at the welcome screen.

Another thing that happens, is if I leave my computer off all night and turn it back on in the morning, it will sometimes load all the way up to my desktop and I can use the internet for about 15 minutes, then freezes. Other times If I have been using it through out the day and I try to boot into normal mode, it will freeze right at the welcome screen.

Please let me know if you have any more help to offer. The logs are posted.

Attached Files:

4. aflora

aflora Private E-2

Here is an update:

I tried to boot up in safe mood and this is what it said:

It was a blue screen-

"The device driver got stuck in an infinite loop. This usually indicates a problem with the device itself or with the device driver programming the hardware incorrectly."

:confused

5. aflora

aflora Private E-2

I see a lot of people getting replies to their posts, but me.

I'm guessing it is too difficult of a matter to fix? I will try some other forums too.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds