Computer only works in safe mode

Discussion in 'Software' started by jaw18, Aug 28, 2009.

1. jaw18

jaw18 Private E-2

im having a similar problem and have try everything listed here and my computer is still not working right outside of safe mode. My computer starts and will log in on normal mode but then when i try to do something it freezes.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

While issue maybe same and you have tried everything in that old thread here its best to start afresh and let us know some background info

• What is your Windows version and service pack?
    • When did this issue start hapening?
    • Did you just install some new software or driver, if so what.

• Have you scanned for malware, can do this in safe mode and use this guide but of you find any malware then start a new thread in the malware forum with all the logs you can get attached as listed.

• Please list all the security software you have installed?

Do try this in Safe Mode, and as I dont know what your Windows version is it maybe different, so enter msconfig and then the Startup tab and untick all items and then make sure that normal startup is selected in General tab and in the Boot Tab nothing is ticked, then try normal mode

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds