Computer Password No Longer Works

Discussion in 'Software' started by Denise_M, Jan 14, 2008.

1. Denise_M

Denise_M MajorGeek

You did that rather quickly, baklogic.

So socket 939 is being phased out . . . aren't I the lucky one.

Well, I can't buy a new mobo for a few months, at least, maybe more since I'm going to have to pay the pc tech to remove the fan bracket.

They were good suggestions, baklogic. Thanks for looking them up for me so quickly.

2. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

That audio driver is 17.4 mb download.
    I cannot see any faq's regarding it, so there should not be any issues. If your sound is not quite right, download it, but if its o.k before installing, and you find any problems with the update, roll back to the driver you have.
    Good luck - gotta go for tonight.

3. Denise_M

Denise_M MajorGeek

I think you misunderstood. I just wanted to let you know what was updated and what wasn't updated. My audio is fine.

4. Denise_M

Denise_M MajorGeek

I also just noticed that you had explained what the Norco part is. I'm very bad with names . . . I never would have thought of calling it my Norco SATA card, just my SATA card.

I just went to the Biostar site again.
    http://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en-us/t-series/driver.php?S_ID=188

I downloaded but haven't yet installed:

Chipset
    Operating System . . . . . .Version . . . . . . . . .Date . . . . Size
    Windows XP x64/Server 2003 x64/ 1.0.0.0 2007-07-06 11.07 MB

On-Board VGA
    Operating System Version Date Size Download
    Windows XP x64/Server 2003 x64/ 84.40 2007-07-06 35.3 MB

These were the components that you got updates for last time.

Again, I didn't download the one for audio.

And I'm almost positive that I don't need "USB 2.0 Controller Windows 2000/XP x86/"

So these 4 were the only updates at the Biostar site.

I just want to run it by ya'll to make sure that I only need the first two that I mentioned. . . that they were the right ones for my pc.

5. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

Just popped in to answer you, sorry for time difference.
    Yes the chipset is correct. If you have not got a graphics card, then the on-board vga is also the right one - a seperate graphics card has its own drivers.
    Basically, as you are running XP x64, if x64 is not in the list, its best not to use it to avoid problems.
    No problem with the soud/audio drivers - just mentioned it in case your audio was not as you like it.
    I'll look back in later, if you have any more problems, to see if I can help.

6. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

Perhaps someone else who has AMD cpu knowledge might offer more help with a motherboard, but I will look into it more , when I have time.

7. Denise_M

Denise_M MajorGeek

You confirmed my choices, so that's good enough for me.

= a big help

My graphics card is part of my mobo. I think it's on its way out tho. When I click to open some boxes/windows, I get only the outline or the header of the box/window.

I've been processing files for the past 4 days and haven't had the chance to install the updates. I'll let you know when I have.

Thanks baklogic

8. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

The vga update could well solve the graphics problem - check the motherboard temperature with Everest, when it happens.

;)

9. Denise_M

Denise_M MajorGeek

I just ran an Everest to check the temperature. My pc's been on for a few days and it's at 42ºF.

I'll be installing the updates either tonight or tomorrow.

10. Denise_M

Denise_M MajorGeek

OK! . . . I downloaded and installed all of the updated drivers, I flashed BIOS, I updated my SATA (Norco) card, chipset, Nvidia forceware_winxp64_english_whql and VGA. I don't think I forgot anything and I think everything is still working ok. The hardest part was finding the updates . . . they don't make it easy!

I still have only the header or outline of boxes with no contents in them, so it looks like my on-board graphics card is on its way out. I do get some of the most unusual problems, and they occur one right after the other, but I'm determined to make a saint out of this pc if it kills me.

I worked on the updates all night and it's 5:30 am here so I'm off to sleep. I hope you all have a great day/nite!

Denise

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds