Computer plays sounds at Random

Discussion in 'Software' started by fidzilla, Jan 14, 2007.

1. fidzilla

fidzilla Private E-2

I can't seem to figure this one out. It seems that my computer is randomly playing sounds for no reason. It's not always the same sound either. I've heard a baseball bat, a ding, a lion roar, a couple of opening bars of songs (One being Start Me Up by the Rolling Stones and the other I believe being by Ashanti), and a few other that I can't really describe.

I originally posted this in the malware forum but they saw nothing and suggested posting it here.

2. erikske

erikske Sergeant

It has to be a program running in the background. Disable everything you don't really need and see if the problem persists. If it does, post a list of all your running applications (that is, make a screenshot of the processes tab in the task manager).
    When do you hear this sounds? All the time or when browsing the internet?

3. fidzilla

fidzilla Private E-2

I turned everything off and the sounds weren't happening so I started opening some of the newer programs that had been installed and found that it was happening while running AIM 6.0. Not sure why though.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds