Computer rebooting..error code event ID: 7026

Discussion in 'Software' started by Artha_Penn, Jan 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Artha_Penn

Artha_Penn Private E-2

I've recently re-installed windows xp on my system, everything was going fine, then suddenly my computer starts a constant reboot loop when i rebooted my computer after it slowed down on me. I couldn't get my bigger drive to re-load, so i ended up doing a repair install on my 40 gig at the moment. yet it seemed to work, then it started the reboots as well. Now i finally get to where i find out about looking at error codes and im getting this....

Event ID:7026
    The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load.
    BIOS
    Fips
    Processor

is there any fix for this one or am I out of luck and have to buy all new stuff? I can run my comp in safe mode on this drive but not on my other drive. But I'm sure both have the same problems. Thanks in advance.

2. Artha_Penn

Artha_Penn Private E-2

Bump...cause i really need an answer on this.....

3. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

I've been researching FIPS.SYS and it's apparently a kernel level cryptographic service for Windows. If it's corrupt, and your BIOS isn't loading into the kernel correctly (which is what it looks like, but I could be wrong), you may have some fairly serious problems. I'd run some board level diagnostics like on your RAM and other components like the HD and CPU. See if a BIOS upgrade is available for your MB and flash it. Maybe replace your data cables too... I searched at Microsoft but didn't find much... I'll keep looking...

EDIT- what brand motherboard do you have? Is it a BioStar?

4. Artha_Penn

Artha_Penn Private E-2

I just heard from someone I know who's also been trying to help me figure this out as well. He said it could be either Motherboard is frying again..which I am not sure. I just got htis computer back after 2 years of paying on it and it being shut off. i've been running it for 4 months. at least. He also said I could have picked up a virus that might have did somethign to my system.. I think he said soemthing about a Blaster Worm. Could that cause my problem, and would a full re-install fix my problem perhaps? I've tried a repair install and am still getting the reboots so I dunno.

Also, my MB is a VIA, so yeah..i think biostar. but here are my specs if it'll help.

AMD Athlon 64 3000+ processor
    2 GIG DDR Memory.
    mSI NX 6200 graphics card, AGP of course.
    40 gig HD(am in safe mode on it currently.)
    200 GIG HD(the one that started it all i think..the one having too many problems to even get into safe mode.)
    OP system: Windows XP
    Now I did run a test on my computer using a floppy disk to get one of those tests and everything ran smoothly on it..though not sure if i tested it completely or not. I beleive I used the Hitatchi Drive Fitness Test on my 40 gig and it seemed ok with it. A friend pointed me to that one and said it was the best test he knew of.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2008
  5. Artha_Penn

Artha_Penn Private E-2

bump..to keep alive for now.

6. Artha_Penn

Artha_Penn Private E-2

bump again..hope to get it fixed sometime lol. gave specs..now waiting :)

7. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

If it was/is a malware issue, then a repair install will not only keep your data, but also the malware.

Are you willing to save your data and do a complete re-install with formating the drives?

8. Artha_Penn

Artha_Penn Private E-2

not sure how to save the data, other than the text files, as my DVD burner will not work under safe mode @_@ so im prepared to lose everythign in trying a clean install. Funny thing is though, I'd clean installed my 200 gig, a few weeks ago or so, then started putting things on it..all of a sudden this happens so i dunno. I do hope a clean install will work. Otherwise I may have to see about re-installing the drivers for bios and processor at least.

9. Artha_Penn

Artha_Penn Private E-2

Ok..well..I just decided to try a complete re-install on my 200 gig, leaving my 40 gig so i can use safe mode to get back online just in case. Welp, I hit a snag. my 200 gig got erased, sure..but when I tried to go further on after it rebooted so i could reinstall windows...it seems to not want to go past the spot where it says Verifying DMI Pool Data........ It just stays right there. I've waited a while and it still seems not to want to go further. Not sure if it's just struggling to get through or if it is actually frozen but I wonder what this could mean? My 40 gig that i can run on safe mode, gets through it real quick. The 200 gig is my newer drive, the 40 gig ive had for years.

10. Artha_Penn

Artha_Penn Private E-2

anyone find anything yet? lol. im still having trouble figuring this out..im gonna see if i cant find another HD to install windows on to see if it'll load and all. hope it works, duno why 200 gig is having problems, but i wanna keep the 40 gig how itis...just in case for now.

11. Artha_Penn

Artha_Penn Private E-2

bump again.

12. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

13. Artha_Penn

Artha_Penn Private E-2

OK..well, i may try a complete reinstall again on the 200 gig if i can get it running and out of that verifying dmi pool thing, but otherwise I had another question...could the part about unable to load Bios, Fips and Processor drivers mean that i have to update my bios? I don't even know what version is the current one but here's my current BIOS. it says Phoenix AwardBios v6.00PG
    My motherboard is the K8M800-M7A. Hope this helps and hope It can be figured out. I may have to get a new motherboard and processor. Though I really hope not.

14. plodr

Unable to load BIOS says to me it can't keep settings. Why? Probably because the battery is dead. Have you considered replacing the battery, setting the time to the correct time and seeing if the system boots?

15. Artha_Penn

Artha_Penn Private E-2

I dont know anything about a battery on it. But if you can explain in might have it looked at. But what about Fips and Processor drivers?

16. plodr

The battery is a coin type, the kind used in watches but a bit larger.

17. Artha_Penn

Artha_Penn Private E-2

Ok and where would that be located on my motherboard? I might check the computer store and see if they got any in, and see about replacing that first see what happens.

18. Artha_Penn

Artha_Penn Private E-2

Another problem cropped up possibly, while i do need the location of the battery, here's my new problem. I'd just bought a wireless router, cause i heard I could still use it with my comp. And It connects fine, i get all signals, and yet, when i tried to use the Router with my Nintendo DS, to trade some things with someone, i got connected fine, but when we went to trade, i keep getting kicked off. I closed firewalls from router down and turned off security, but still, it happened.I took my DS to a place i knew where a hotspot was and did everything fine. So..is it cause my comps in safemode that i can't do the trading from my router?

19. russ1162

russ1162 Private E-2

Just to note for this post. I have changed the battery in my computer and the computer seem to be working just great. In other work i have not reboot about 10 time, So i do not know what is going to happen next.

20. Artha_Penn

Artha_Penn Private E-2

Well glad to know that it helped someone else too. Me, I just ended up getting a new computer, however I woudl like to ask, would it be safe to try to pull out that 200 gig of mine that i couldn't install anything to, and install it to the new comp as a storage disk? or should i scrap every bit of my old comp? i still have it in a closet for now and just forgot about it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds