Computer Reboots (ruled out virus, malware, spyware, etc)

Discussion in 'Software' started by azsteve, Oct 20, 2005.

1. azsteve

azsteve Private E-2

Okay fellas, I need your help. My computer reboots itself randomly. I went to the spyware forum and received help from Chaslang and we have successfully ruled out spyware, virus, malware, etc. He thinks it's software related.

The problem I'm having is: when my girlfriend sisters go to myspace.com the computer reboots. I've had problems with the system rebooting when I went to g4tv.com. I've gone to other websites in the past and its done the same thing. It's driving me nuts.

System info:
    WinXP
    2.8GHz
    512 RAM

Someone mentioned that my fan might not be working but I'm not sure that is the problem because I can be online all day but the second I go to myspace.com the computer reboots.

Any help I can get is very much appreciated

2. Clark_Kent

Clark_Kent MajorGeek

Did you try a repair internet explorer ???

3. azsteve

azsteve Private E-2

The problem persists even in Mozilla Firefox so I'm not sure its an IE problem.

And I have all the current windows updates.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds