Computer reset after new vid driver...

Discussion in 'Software' started by Clark_Kent, Oct 30, 2005.

1. Clark_Kent

Clark_Kent MajorGeek

i have upated my friends computer with the the new driver 81.85 forceware.
    is card is a Geforce mx 460 before he has the 66.93

But after i finish install the drivers i reboot and then the computers keep resetting i see the second screen i see windowx xp sp1 loading for a few second then it reset all the time....

What i should do ?????

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

RUN!!!!!

Can you enter safe mode? and once there rollback the driver to the previous one.

3. Clark_Kent

Clark_Kent MajorGeek

yep that what i did and yes run halo....

the thing why the thing keep resetting after the new driver ?????

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

so is the PC now starting ok and not resetting?

The new driver is listed as supporting that card, but I can only guess that something else is not playing nice with it, be that only having SP1 and not 2 on the pc or another issue, I would be tempted to install an earlier driver and see how that fairs... you can get them from Guru3d.. something in the 70's series and see how that goes.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds