Computer restarts when streaming video online

Discussion in 'Software' started by Jawa Slayer, Oct 5, 2011.

1. Jawa Slayer

Jawa Slayer Corporal

Hi,

My home built PC reboots when I watch streaming video online. I use Chrome but I've tried IE and it happened with that too.

I don't get a BSOD, it just reboots out of the blue. There're no errors listed in the Event log apart for one where the computer is complaining that it just restarted without warning.

I'm running Windows 7 64bit. I've checked my BIOS and it's the latest version, I have the latest graphics card drivers. I've used Speedfan and the cpu temp is 45-50C. I can play games fine without it rebooting.

One of the first things I installed was Windows Security Essentials, so I should have been warned if a virus had snuck in.

Any ideas what might be causing this/steps on troubleshooting this issue?

2. the mekanic

the mekanic Major Mekanical Geek

Usually, it's the inability of Windows to reset the driver, or an instability in the GPU/Video Card or even the CPU. I stress USUALLY.

Are you overclocking your GPU, or CPU?

Last edited: Oct 5, 2011

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds