Computer slowing down?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by THE BEAR, Feb 4, 2007.

1. THE BEAR

THE BEAR Private E-2

I just bought a Geforce 6200 on sale. Install and everything was fine and when i play guildwars everything is fine, but when i try to use the internet or anything else besides games my computer slows down to like a 10 second delay. I get error 0x000000EA Do you think its my power supply cus it recomends 250w and i have a 150w.

2. jemidon

jemidon Private E-2

could be a RAM issue... I've had the same error message before and it was my RAM Then again it could be an issue with your video card, something not clicking right together.

3. THE BEAR

THE BEAR Private E-2

my ram is 512 mroe then the req. it says it is from the driver programming it wrong or the device itself i just bought it this is making me mad

4. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

Have you tried getting an updated driver for your video card?, If you used the windows driver, or, the one off the manufacturers disk, it could be in need of updating.
    The psu might be the problem, as the game recommends min 250 watt.
    When you go on the net, the graphics card can be working quite hard - for instance the latest Microsoft e-mail page seems to demand a lot from the graphics card, and might just be pulling very hard, slowing your system down.
    I suggest you check for an updated driver for the graphics card, on-line.
    Also, a 500 watt psu can be bought for around a tenner.
    Details of your motherboard, and other internal items can help us to help you more.
    Unless you changed your Ram, since last using it, the Ram should be o.k, BUT as Jemidon suggests, Ram can play up.

5. BCGray

BCGray Guest

Sounds like your PSU, but the best bet is to run Everest and do a quick check on your Voltages first, and like baklogic suggested post back the results Everest is available from Major Geeks link http://majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=4181 Hope that Helps

6. THE BEAR

THE BEAR Private E-2

i checked speedfan and it said neither of my fans are running and all of my temps are in around 44c im not sure if thats hot for a computer or not but if they fans are running that cant be good. Also i forgot to uninstall my old graphics accelerator which i just did would that be the problem?

7. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

I suggest that you physically check to see if the fans are spinning.
    Everest is a better bet, for a more accurate reading.(download from majorgeeks.)
    Uninstalling a driver which does not go with your graphics card is a good idea,
    Have you tried starting and going straight into the bios, and reading the temperatures there?
    That is the best indication.
    The obvious, again,are the fans connected to the motherboard 3 pin plugs? - if so, try removing, and refitting, to ensure good contact.
    If any of them are not connected to the motherboard, the fans not working note from the software will be innacurate, because it cannot pick them up from the sensers.
    Temperature is not exceptionally high,for the standard heatsink and fan, but lower would be better.Some older boards do run around this temperature.
    Without your motherboard, and setup details, it is difficult to access.
    There are some wizards at this site, but not any clairvoyants, that I have come across , yet.

8. THE BEAR

THE BEAR Private E-2

i just want to be able to run WOW without it crashing and slowing down to where i cant move i still think its the power supply ive been thinking about buying a cheap 500w of newegg would that be the best bet? Since mine is lower the the req watt

9. THE BEAR

THE BEAR Private E-2

I found a thread on the wow forums and found out that 1000s of nvidia users are having this problem after a patch that came out in late august early sept. Someone mentionted to make sure u have the latest chipset for ur motherboard. Is that even able to be downloaded? And if possible how on everest it says my
    Motherboard ID 31861.EM.0000.D.0310021607 is that the info u guys need to give me an answer?

10. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

You have done what we all try to encourage, sift around the information on the net- you will learn more than you realise.
    Under the motherboard number should be the motherboard name, which is the helpful bit, if it recognises it.
    If you go down Everest list to Chipset, the chipset provider, and update source should be shown.
    You need to go to that site- double click on the underlined link-, and download the file,I usually download any driver sto a new folder in my documents which I named Drivers, so that I can find it easily, but you can download to desktop if you are unsure. These are usually self executing files, and when you unpack, again brouse to your new folder, or desktop, and click on the setup file, -that should be all you need to do.
    Your Psu might still need to pack more wallop- upgrade , if funds permit.

11. THE BEAR

THE BEAR Private E-2

motherboard name is unknown on everest

12. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

It will usually still identify the chipset.
    Click on the little cross next to motherboard in the left hand pane, and a drop down list will show , amongst others, Chipset. Everest usually underlines a link to the manufacyturer of the chipset,which is not necessarily the maufacture of the motherboard.

13. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

At the top of that page will be something like this:--
    my old board is --- sis 648fx
    and the manufacture could be the same as mine, or, another.

http://www.sis.com/products/index.htm#chipsets

You will need the chipset number
    and the CHIPSET MANUFACTURE. to ensure you download the correct file for your board.
    I look back in tommprrow, got to go now.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds