Computer slows down after being on a few hours.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sporkington, Sep 29, 2013.

1. sporkington

sporkington Private E-2

------------------
    System Information
    ------------------
    Time of this report: 9/28/2013, 14:49:23
    Machine name: ANDREW-PC
    Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130104-1431)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: HP-Pavilion
    System Model: FQ563AA-ABA a6750f
    BIOS: )Phoenix - Award WorkstationBIOS v6.00PG
    Processor: AMD Phenom™ 9650 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs), ~2.3GHz
    Memory: 8192MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 8184MB RAM
    Page File: 2004MB used, 14361MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode
    Gfx: Nvidia GeForce gtx 560

Just this week my computer has started to slow down and lag after playing games/browsing the internet for a few hours.
    Specifically I have been playing Counter Strike GO alot. I have my settings to show my fps and it run 90-120 FPS when
    its normal but after a few hours it drops to 40-60 fps the Sounds get static alot and screen stutters. Even youtube videos
    will start to become choppy so its not just this game, its my computer.

My internet is 55 MBs down and 16 Mbs Up. This is not an internet related issue.
    My first thought is the computer is over heating but there are zero signs of this.
    The computer is over 4 years old. most parts still original.
    I plan on buying a new mobo/cpu/ram and reformating as an upgrade regardless of this issue.
    Will my upgrade fix my problem hopefully? I will still have the same PSU, Video card, disk drive and hard drive.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Scanned with Malwarebytes anti malware. was clean -Got Core Temp and my CPU never goes over 60 Celsius (my cpu max is 115)
    The Gfx Card Temps stay 50-70 Celsius (max 99) -This computer was reformatted this year.
    I am very aware of programs running on my computer and keep it to a minimum. I don't keep anything open that i dont need.
    I have checked my Task Mgr and nothing is eating away my processor power when im lagging bad.
    I have Updated my Gfx card drivers today.

2. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

You need to follow the info in the Malware forum, to check if you are infected, or what is eating up System processes.

3. the mekanic

the mekanic Major Mekanical Geek

Give this a shot:

http://usa.kaspersky.com/downloads/tdsskiller

As I've posted elsewhere, I've seen more bootkits/rootkits than I'd care to lately. Malwarebytes free edition doesn't scan the boot sector like this Kaspersky tool. Their anti-rootkit tool is a separate entity and still in it's beta stage.

4. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

The problem with most of these rootkit finders, is that they pull up a lot of false positives. The tdsskiller, flags stuff like the HP printer drivers for our Officejet 4500 series as Rootkits, but they are false positives.

5. the mekanic

the mekanic Major Mekanical Geek

They are better than nothing, and have saved a client from getting a new motherboard via the hardware malfunctions involved in the case.

Big reason why you need to look over the results. I haven't received a false positive yet, but I won't say it can't happen. I shall add the disclaimer in the future.

Did you report the false positive?

Last edited: Sep 29, 2013
  6. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

It is already known with Kaspersky, so no need to tell them about it. Their A/V software does the same thing about the HP software and drivers.

7. sporkington

sporkington Private E-2

[​IMG]

I also tested with speed fan and it came up with the same temp for mobo!!! I just dont understand how the mobo can be so hot but the cpu + gpu are normal. What can be causing this? getting a new mobo Wednesday from newegg so maybe no need to worry.

8. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

Poor fan circulation. Motherboard temp sensor is near the CPU. Without a screenshot of what you are getting from Speedfan or even Core Temp or Speccy, hard to tell you what your temps should be.

Normally a system should get no warmer than 127ºf under heavy load. I have a Lenovo ix2-4 NAS, that normal is CPU around 161-172ºf, CPU 127-135ºf, drives around 150ºf. That is due to the nature of the design of that unit.

But for a desktop, really it is about ambient room temp that matters, how you have the tower situated in a desk or on a floor. If your room temp is say 81-85ºf or even say 95ºf, it is not good for electronics, because they will run hot all the time.

You could try and use Water cooling on your tower and see how that helps. They also make add-on temp sensing units that fit in 3.5" bay spaces, or 5.25" bay spaces, that have sensors that attach to the motherboard, GPU, CPU, hard drives. Some of the better ones, will shut down the computer when it hits too high of a temp for a certain period of time.

9. w3d

w3d Private E-2

Those are presumably the temperatures after you have been playing the games etc. and you are experiencing the slow down?

What are the temps like after a cold boot, and when the machine has been left idle for a while?

10. gracebie

gracebie Private E-2

It might be due to fault in computer graphics world that's not recommended for the game that makes the script working imperfectly. Glitches in a platform game may show error of invisible wall collision errors, sprite errors, freezes, image problems, and others.

So all you have to check your hardware and re-install graphics drivers can fix your problem. Also have a look to game requirements for running on PC platform and can fix computer slow problem.

If you are unable to fix this problem even if Graphic drivers are up-to-date. Then best and easy solution is to use system utility program PC Fresher

11. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

103C system temperature is either a bad reading or you have a major problem.:confused

Have you checked your chipset fan is spinning?

I would start feeling around the chipset fan and heatsink for any hot spots, you can touch heatsinks and the top of various components without problems just touch a bare metal part of the case to discharge static first.

Anything that's 100C you wouldn't be able to touch.

12. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

217.4ºf, yep they have some serious issues. That unit is on its way to a very quick grave.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds