1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Computer sometimes not visible on network

Discussion in 'Software' started by bob3690, Sep 8, 2007.

1. bob3690

bob3690 Private E-2

Sometimes one computer is not visible in the network and I have to reboot the pc to get it back to being visible. Why is this and is there a quicker way than rebooting to restore it?
  2. Goran.P

Goran.P MajorGeek

3. bob3690

bob3690 Private E-2

Thanks for fast reply.The Enable NetBIOS over TCP/IP option was not selected on one pc so I have corrected that, however this was not the pc that was invisible.

By the way, I normally configure the software firewalls on both pcs not to allow communication between computers as a default, and change that only when i need to use the network. I wonder if this may be something to do with it?