Computer Still Doesn't See Sound Card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by spirittoo, Mar 22, 2014.

1. spirittoo

spirittoo Sergeant

:wave Well sir .... I just got this sound card with a gameport today that is suppose to be for window 7 64 bit ... Installing it in the first rig in my sig.

Requirements:
    1. Available PCI slot
    2. CD-ROM for Driver installation
    3. Speakers
    4. Windows3.1/95/98/ME/2000/XP/2003/VISTA, Windows NT 4.X/5.X, Win7 64-bit

yet when I go to install the driver I get this message during the installation....

please plug -in C-media pci audio

Of course it is plugged inrolleyes ... I double checked it to make sure it was seated properly and I disable the on board sound in the BIOS, but still I get this message. I'm back in the same boat again. Anyone know what the heck is going on?
    :confused

2. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

anything shown in device manager? Are you sure its seated properly? Do you have another PCI slot to try?

3. spirittoo

spirittoo Sergeant

No the device manager doesn't see the card and I don't have another pci slot because the video card the gtx 280 is covering it. I did double check to make sure it was seated.:confused

4. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Do you have onboard video so you could at least try that PCI slot?

PCI is plug and play, so if Device Manager doesn't see it, it is fairly likely that the computer isn't detecting it at all.

5. spirittoo

spirittoo Sergeant

:waveI put it in the other PCI slot and got the same results. I saw something about a audio device in the device manager, but when I tried to install the software I got the same message about plugging in the card.:cry

6. spirittoo

spirittoo Sergeant

Dang it:( ... I put everything back including the card and now the device manager isn't showing anything at all about sound ... the sound section is now gone from the device manager .... what happen?:cry

7. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Is the Windows Audio service running?

Check your services.

8. spirittoo

spirittoo Sergeant

How do I do that?:confused

9. spirittoo

spirittoo Sergeant

Okay ... I found a video to show me how to check the windows audio ... one of the services that runs windows audio was not enable, and I enabled it, but still no change.:( I can only see the sound and gameport section of the device manager when I plug in my usb mic.:confused

10. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Set the Windows Audio service to start on boot, and then reboot. See if it shows up in device manager after that.

11. spirittoo

spirittoo Sergeant

As far as I can tell it is already set to start when windows does ... Tell me ... what do you know about UEFI being part of the mobo board ... I have been reading posts where other are having the same problem and they think this UEFI thing is the cause.:confused

12. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

I know quite a bit.

Sounds like a bunch of malarkey though.

The only reason UEFI would be the cause is if the device is too old to be supported (which is unlikely).

UEFI is present in quite a few motherboards now. It replaces the aging and outdated BIOS.

If you want to try it, some machines can switch between UEFI and legacy BIOS.

13. spirittoo

spirittoo Sergeant

:waveWell sir ... I took a closer look at the software that came with the card and found a Win7 folder.:-o There was a setup app there and it installed the card ... I see it in the device manager now. I have sound now, but I still don't see my analog flight stick and throttle.:cry There is nothing in the control panel about setting up a game controller, nor is it listed in the device manager with the sound card and when I went into FS2004 the stick and throttle was not listed. So the computer sees the card now ... but not the gameport. What can I do about that? If it can see the sound card why shouldn't it see the gameport too?:confused

14. spirittoo

spirittoo Sergeant

Update ....

I am seeing "HID-complaint game controller" listed in the device manager under "Human Interface Devices" when I right click on it, according to the DM the device is working properly ... so why doesn't FS2004 see it? Why can't I calibrate it?

15. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Does the game have a compatibility list of sound cards out there?

I didn't use gameports very often, but my memory of them is that they were pretty flaky.

16. spirittoo

spirittoo Sergeant

Nope ... not that I know of ... :-o

17. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

I've only had one computer gamepad, so I don't know how relevant this is, but it came with software. I could verify it worked through the software, where it would register button presses and such.

Does yours have anything like that? It would at least let you know if its a game issue or soundcard.

18. spirittoo

spirittoo Sergeant

:waveI have the CH Products Combat Stick and Throttle ... I downloaded and installed the drivers for them but that didn't help.:cry

19. spirittoo

spirittoo Sergeant

I found this web page that talk about a mod made for vista ... I wonder if it will work with win7 too. I tried to find more on the work of Daniel Kawakami, but I seem to be going around in circles.

20. spirittoo

spirittoo Sergeant

:waveWell sir ... it is obvious there is no gameport support for Win7 64:mad ... and I saw this page a couple of weeks ago, but I couldn't seem to locate it again for some reason.

I'm going to try installing Win7 32 bit and see if these drivers will work in order to keep the new board and i3 processor, if not I will have no choice but to use my old mobo and install XP 32 bit.
    :***

21. spirittoo

spirittoo Sergeant

Well I got 7 32 installed ... looked at the instructions on installing the gameport driver ... The first step in the instructions made everything null and void ...
    There is no listing of a gameport device under sound and gameport ... and there is no way to add it.
    :(:mad

22. spirittoo

spirittoo Sergeant

:wave Okay I figure out how to install the gameport by going to the device manager ... highlighting the c media card and clicking on action and add legacy hardware ... so I was able to install the drivers so now I got game controller in my control panel and "standard game port" is showing where it should now, but I got an "!" next to it this message in the properties ...
    The problem is I don't know how to configure it. Anyone here know how?
    :confused

23. spirittoo

spirittoo Sergeant

From what I gather I have to get the configuration for my CH Product Combat Stick and Throttle ... thing is I don't know where to get it so far. I contracted CH Products, but I know they don't support the analog hardware, but I am hoping they can at least tell me how to configure them. If anyone here knows of anything please post. :wave

24. spirittoo

spirittoo Sergeant

No solution with win7 32 for gameport

:wave ]Well unfortunately I could not get the modified drivers for the gameport to work for me in 32 bit win7. I read where it worked for others, but it did not work for me. My FX8120 is faster than the i3 and all I want to do is run FS9 and since the FX8120 can handle FSX it will be sweet with FS9.

Therefore I am selling the mobo and i3 and installing XP 32bit back on my old mobo. For those of you in a similar situation I'm sorry ... maybe you will have luck with those drivers and 32bit win7. It's solved for me with my old hardware, but I won't mark this solved but NO SOULTION ... At ease men:major

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds