Computer turns off while playing games I used to play with no problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Miki, Jan 1, 2012.

1. Miki

Miki Private E-2

Here guys I am sorry for opening another post but I was reading and didn't encountered similar problem...

Week ago I was playing Batman Arkham City and Need for speed the run with no problems.
    Now when I play them computer turns off and doesn't show any message. When I reboot PC It only shows start windows normally...

2. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

It could be that the power supply is failing if it only crashes when playing games or the video card is going bad. Can you install the video card in a friend's machine to test it? Then you can either include it or not as the culprit. Do you have any yellow warnings in device manager?

3. Miki

Miki Private E-2

Ty for very fast reply, but the thing is I played those games without problems. I can play some games without PC shuting off. Is there any stress program to test my hardware?

4. Miki

Miki Private E-2

I am noob, define yellow warning? :confused

5. augiedoggie

It means there are device driver errors, like a corrupt video driver for example. If there are none then they should be good.

You really should start your own thread instead of distracting the intent of this thread's owner.;)

Last edited: Jan 1, 2012
  6. Miki

Miki Private E-2

In device manager, everything works fine and is listed as it should be (name of GPU,CPU, etc,.) except USB easy transfer cable, but I don't think PC is turning off cause of that. And btw I have 650 W PSU, and GTX 480 is that PSU enough?

7. augiedoggie

Oh ya, that PSU is just fine for a GTX480. Please start a new thread if you're having problems.;)

8. Miki

Miki Private E-2

This is new thread I writed wrong in first post xD .... New to forums , I'm sorry

9. augiedoggie

Don't be sorry, none of us were born with a keyboard up our butts. ;) It's best if you start a new thread with your issues as every person's issue is different and if someone piggybacks on someone else's thread it dilutes it. Start your own thread, no one will give you a hard time for that. Now back to the regularly scheduled thread.;):-D

10. PrissyChrissy

PrissyChrissy Private E-2

I noticed that no one told you what to do to stop the reboot. You won't find a blue screen if you have automatic restart on major failures.

Go to control panel, system, advanced tab, start up and recovery, and uncheck automatically restart.

Check the event logs too.

11. Miki

Miki Private E-2

Actually dude I solved it !!!! I put back my old GPU drivers and all works like before :celebrate , and ty trying to help me :drink

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds