Computer turns on for half a second and then shuts off - second thread

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kookla647, Mar 25, 2008.

1. kookla647

kookla647 Private E-2

hello every one,,,,,,,,i just had the same problem,,,,it is the PSU, another thing you can try to see if it will come on is,,,,wiggle the power plug from the wall to the comp. and see if your green light on the power box stays on. i did that and it help for about a week then the whole thing died,,,,,no signs of life, replaced PSU and up and running,,,just like some one who ate a box of prunes!!!!!!!!!! hahahaha
    Cheers all

2. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Re: Computer turns on for half a second and then shuts off

Welcome to MajorGeeks! I would say dead Power Supply Unit for you also. Pretty much the engine for your computer. I like this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817341001

If you have other problems, start your own thread, makes it easier to help folks.

E

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds