Computer will only start in safe mode after running Malware Bytes

Discussion in 'Software' started by qw3rty, Sep 16, 2012.

1. qw3rty

qw3rty Private E-2

Its a windows 7 laptop, it was full of viruses, the internet was almost unusable, but otherwise worked. I ran MBAM, it found a ton of stuff, said it had to restart. the computer seemed to lock up. I turned it off then back on.

It just goes to a black screen with a white cursor. I can move the mouse around but thats it. ctrl alt delete doesnt do anything. Safe mode still works. I booted into recovery tried startup repair, it said it couldnt fix it.

Any ideas? It seems like it should be fixable since safe mode still works. I really don't want to reinstall windows.

2. thisisu

thisisu Malware Consultant

First we need to see what MBAM quarantined to get an idea of what type of infection you have:

The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.

Attach the log from MBAM. (See: HOW TO: Attach Items To Your Post )

3. qw3rty

qw3rty Private E-2

Nevermind. Running ESET seems to have fixed it.

Thanks

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds