Computer won't shutdown / USB port problems.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by masta1, Mar 30, 2010.

1. masta1

masta1 Private E-2

Hey guys, Really appreciate help i ran steps to clear malware. (XP, Sp3, intel core due 2) 3.25gb of ram.

For awhile now the PC just won't shutdown properly & i have to manually hold it in to shut it down, then when it starts up i have to press ctrl alt del to get to task manager or for some weird reason the taskbar freezes!

Also for some weird reason only 2 of my USB ports work...the others recognise something's been attatched but never install the drivers etc. So if i move the mbox usb port to anything but the top left USB port it won't work? Weird as...

Really appreciate any help :)

2. Burrell

Burrell MajorGeek

Are you sure you are clear of Malware, did one of the team say you were clear?

All i can think of is run CCleaner, both the cleaner and the registry cleaner, when it asks, "do you want to make a backup" say yes, just in case.

And can you post your system specs?

3. masta1

masta1 Private E-2

No one said i was clear...How do i post my specs up?

4. Burrell

Burrell MajorGeek

Then i would get all the malware problems sorted before you post your other problems.

To post your specs, just specify your PC comonponets.

Custom built;

Processor
    Motherboard
    RAM
    Power supply wattage and brand

Pre-built;

Brand and model number.

To get system specs;

Download and run speccy this will tell you all i need to know, except the PSU, but thats not so important with your problem.

5. masta1

masta1 Private E-2

Thanks Burrel i didn't...

Here we go

Operating System
    MS Windows XP Professional 32-bit SP3
    CPU
    Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.00GHz 39 °C
    Wolfdale 45nm Technology
    RAM
    4.0GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 533MHz 5-7-7-20
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. EP45-DS3L (Socket 775)
    Graphics
    PBA720 @ 1024x768
    384MB G92-100 (ASUStek Computer Inc)
    Hard Drives
    500GB SAMSUNG SAMSUNG HD501LJ (IDE) 35 °C
    Optical Drives
    ASUS DRW-2014L1
    MagicISO Virtual DVD-ROM0000
    Audio
    Realtek High Definition Audio

6. Burrell

Burrell MajorGeek

Good, just letting you know.

You have a fairly high-end system with plenty of ram, so it must be a malware or software related issue.

Please keep going on the malware removal forum until you are told you are malware free, then post in the software forum.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds