computr is shutting down everytime i go on a pc game or multiplyer online game

Discussion in 'Software' started by LIAMGIBSON83, Nov 24, 2010.

1. LIAMGIBSON83

LIAMGIBSON83 Private E-2

please help me i need help everytime i go on a pc game (bioshock,apb,ect) it randomly shutsdown i need help

these are my computer details
    aspire
    15.6" HD LED LCD
    3 GB DDR3 MEMORY
    320 GB HDD
    DVD SUPER MULTI DL DRIVE
    INTEL CORE 2 DUO PROCESSOR
    T6400 (2.0 GHz, 800 MHz FSB)
    NVIDIA GEFORCE G105M
    UP TO 1791 MB Turbo Cache

please help me :cry:cry:cry

2. Nedlamar

Nedlamar MajorGeek

Well first suspitions, especially since it's a laptop is heat issues.
    I'm also working on the assumption that all these games have been working fine on this laptop for some time.?

If your CPU or Video card overheats it will shut down the PC/Laptop to prevent further damage being done.

Install this....

http://majorgeeks.com/Speccy_d6358.html

It will give you temperature readins of your hardware.
    Take note of the CPU and GPU temps while the PC is idle.
    Then fire up a game and play for a minute or so or as long as you can without crash, then minimize and take note of temps again.

Please then post your temps.
    please also post your Operating System and what settings you are playing these games on (Low-Med-high-ultra etc)

It could also be a RAM issue but lets start with the temps.

If it is a heat issue then you will have to make sure your laptop is well ventelated (even though it's called a laptop, it's a very bad idea to actually have it on your lap, especially while gaming) and you might want to think about upgrading the cooling on it with external fans etc.

3. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

I never game on my laptop unless it's on my cooling pad. Without cooling pad the CPU and GPU go near or above 80C when gaming, and at 85 it shuts down With cooling pad, steady right below 70C after hours of gaming. Much, much better.

4. LIAMGIBSON83

LIAMGIBSON83 Private E-2

thank you guys ill get into doing that as soon as possible :):):)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds