conexant high definition sound problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by MrWednesday3495, Aug 26, 2008.

1. MrWednesday3495

MrWednesday3495 Private E-2

ok here we go. i had vista installed on my compaq c751nr laptop, and i hate vista so i decided to do a reformat and put a clean install of xp pro with sp3 on there. no problems....until it came to sound. the laptop has conexant high definition audio and no matter what i install for drivers i get no sound at all. the volume icon is in my system try and everything says it's working the way it should. but still no sound. any thoughts?

2. chaimjm

chaimjm Staff Sergeant

This laptop was built for Vista here are the steps for installing the HD audio for XP
    it's worth giveing it a try

Audio Driver:
    Here are the steps to install Audio driver:
    First, download and install Microsoft Universal Audio Architecture (UAA) Bus Driver for High Definition Audio the following drivers
    ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp33501-34000/sp33566.exe
    If this do not download then Try this link:
    http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp...
    After downloading and installing UAA driver, restart the Notebook and then install Audio Driver:
    ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp34001-34500/sp34200.exe

3. MrWednesday3495

MrWednesday3495 Private E-2

i'm afraid i've already done that and still there is no sound. i do thank you for the info though.

4. chaimjm

chaimjm Staff Sergeant

I know how frustrating having no sound is so having a bit of free time, waiting for some main frame jobs to run, I googled your problem and came up with this. Have you tried this ?

5. TuffyTrash

TuffyTrash Private E-2

6. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Wow. Yet one more person who dumped Vista before checking to see if XP drivers were available, and before checking to see if others had issues..... a little research before can save big headaches and frustration later.... just my two cents.. :innocent

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds