Configures Miscrosoft Office Single Image 2010 every time I start Outlook

Discussion in 'Software' started by jillc, May 5, 2011.

1. jillc

jillc Private E-2

Every time I start Outlook there is an installer which runs telling me it is installing Microsoft Office Single Image 2010. When I close down the system there is frequently a message to say that a program is still open and a button to click on to force a shutdown. There is no program listed and if I leave it for a while it will close down anyway.
    Other office programs run okay without the installer running. I have found lots of references to this problem but none of the solutions work for me - many of them are for Office 2007 so this seems to be something which has been around for a while. Anyone know how to fix it?

2. jillc

jillc Private E-2

Okay - you can stop looking - I finally solved it! My solution: Go to Control Panel, Uninstall Programs, Select Office 2010 and Change. Find the Outlook listing and expand it. Enable ALL components to run from the Computer.

3. theefool

theefool Geekified

Thanks! It is quite nice for ye to post your solution. It is uncommon for that to happen. So, I welcome ye to MajorGeeks!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds