confused about two different temp readings

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by pmanning1969, Apr 15, 2005.

1. pmanning1969

pmanning1969 Private First Class

On my PC health under my Bios, it says 37 celsius for my cpu temp and 47 for system temp.

Under my super step readings that are also apart of my bios and also shows fan speeds etc.. it saus 22 celsius and 44 temp for system temp.

Which reading is correct?.lol

2. ~Pyrate~

~Pyrate~ MajorGeek

what does everest say? and what mb do you have?

3. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

Temperatures are not immediately obvious in EVEREST.

MG link is http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=4181

When you have installed Everest, open it up, click on Computer, then Sensor, and temperatures will be revealed. Hope this helps. Bazza

4. pmanning1969

pmanning1969 Private First Class

It says 33. Is that bad? I want my chip to run in the mid twenties.

Whats normal for the cpu temp to run?

I used arctic silver 5 with the retail fan that came with the cpu.

5. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

Hell I want my life to run in the mid 20's run toast it will tax your cpu and show where your temp readings are

http://www.benchmarkhq.ru/english.html?/be_cpu.html

Download TOAST Then see which rises the fastest to work out which is your cpu

download speedfan and see which rises fastest! :)

6. BillD

BillD Private First Class

I don't believe you can normally have system temps higher than CPU temps unless you are drawing outside air to cool the CPU, and even then it is highly unlikely. A CPU temp in the 40s is nothing to be concerned about.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds