Connect 2 Laptops That One Doesnt Have Operating System

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by luckyyou, Apr 30, 2016.

1. luckyyou

luckyyou Private E-2

I need to connect 2 laptops as it is said . Only one laptop have win 10. What do you think is it possible and how to do it pls help ?

2. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

3. luckyyou

luckyyou Private E-2

Is it possible if one is without OS ?

4. Eldon

It should be as long as the laptop without the OS doesn't have hardware problems.
    Are you trying to retrieve files from the laptop without the OS?

5. luckyyou

luckyyou Private E-2

Yes , i want to scan laptop without OS and retrieve some data. It is better recover results . EASEUS gives old partitons, .... minitools i havent tried it yet. What do you think is it possible .. ? Do I have to make BIOS adjustments ?

6. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Your other option is to remove the hard drive and slave it to the working laptop.

Eldon likes this.
  7. Eldon

Follow TimW's advice. You'll need a SATA or IDE to USB connector.

8. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

You want to buy something like this with its own power supply.

Attached Files:

9. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

As plodr says, you'd need the adapter. But, if your old drive is IDE/PATA, you won't need the power supply. That would be needed for a SATA drive. That type of cloning kit will have additional cabling.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds