connecting 3 computers

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by BILLMCC66, May 7, 2009.

1. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

I have got 2 PCs and a laptop that i would like to connect enabling the sharing of files.
    My first is a HP pavilion (On the box but it has had several parts replaced.
    The second is a home build and both are running Vista Ultimate.
    the 3rd is a laptop running windows 7 RC and not that powerful but would be good for moving files

Any ideas and suggestions wold be very welcome.

BILL

2. KingSteve

KingSteve MajorGeek

Ive never used win7, so i cant say itll work in the same way. id assume it does though. all you really have to do is make a folder or use one already created, right click and go to properties, sharing tab, click the share this folder balloon thingy, and set permissions accordingly.
    once you do that, if you go to run and type in \\ip address of computer the folder is on(so \\192.168.1.2 or whatever you have), youll be able to open up a list of folders that are shared out.
    also make sure your firewalls are set accordingly as well for file sharing.
    pretty simple. if you have problems you know where to ask :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds