Connecting a PC to a TV problem.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kuwala, Dec 16, 2007.

1. kuwala

kuwala Private E-2

My Dad and I been spending a few weekends making a PC that we want to use with our TV. We ran into a few problems that we finally straitened out. The only thing we can't figure out now is why are TV cuts of parts of the screen and does not run any resolution that is not square. We have a sony trinitron xbr that has DVI input and we have a DVI video card (GeForce FX5500) in the PC we get the image to show, but because the TV is wide screen it cuts of a lot on the bottom and top and for some reason a little bit on the sides. If any one knows any way we could fix this that would be very helpful. I hope its a software problem... Thanks!

2. PinkMan

PinkMan Private E-2

Try right clicking on your monitor and going into settings, play with the screen sizes and there might be a widescreen setting, It takes some tinkering to get everything just right but you can do it :D

3. kuwala

kuwala Private E-2

I tried that any of the widescreen settings don't seem to work. They flicker alot so you can't read any thing. Right now we have it set to 800 x 600 Resolution. Like I said in the last post the 4:3 aspect ratios work but none of the widescreen ones do. So I have no idea what to do. Thanks though!

4. PinkMan

PinkMan Private E-2

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds