Connecting My Dell Inspiron 2650 To TV

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Dell_to_Tv, Jan 29, 2005.

1. Dell_to_Tv

Dell_to_Tv Private E-2

Hi guys, I am new to the forum and got a problem with my dell inspiron 2650.
    I am trying to connect my dell to a Toshiba 32Af44 TV thru S-Video. But my laptop only have a 15-Pin VGA connecter and does not have a S-video out.
    So i bought this cable which has 15 pin VGA connector at one end and S-video out at the other end.http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,12202607~mode=flat~days=9999~start=20

Now as my laptop is connected with the TV but i am not able to see anything on TV. What i am supposed to do with my display settings.??
    I have tried pressing the Fn+F9 combination ( which is for toggling the display ) but didnt work.

Can anybody help????

2. Coco

Coco Sergeant Major

You're problem is most likely because you have the resolution way to high. TV's are A LOT lower quality then monitors. Many tv's can't display past 640x480. A fair amount of tv's can do 800x600. But that's about it. Even with an HD tv you wouldn't usually display above 800x600.

Normally windows would detect this and automaticly lower the resolution for you. Since you're using a weird cable and not an actual TV card, you'll have to make sure to lower the resolution before plugging it into the TV.

3. Dell_to_Tv

Dell_to_Tv Private E-2

I will try that and lets see if it works. :rolleyes:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds