Connecting PS2 to Sony Laptop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DimSum22, Aug 24, 2004.

1. DimSum22

DimSum22 Private E-2

Hi,

I have a Sony PCG-GRT360ZG with a Sony Docking Station and can't for the life of me figure out how to display my ps2 on the screen. I have it connected into the docking station (yellow, red, white) with my laptop on the docking station, using gigapocket.

Has anyone accomplished this?

Thanks,
    ~David

2. Max Powerz

Max Powerz Sergeant

Well I don't know much about laptops but you'd need some sort of video input to connect the ps2 to it. Does your laptop have it, it's often called VIVO..

3. BeerMonkey

BeerMonkey Master Sergeant

I alos forgot what it's called.
    But i know you need the three wires(red,white,yellow)to hook up in your laptop.
    I will get the card name soon.

4. DimSum22

DimSum22 Private E-2

My laptop is the Sony PCG-GRT360ZG. The video card is a NVIDIA GeForce FX Go5600 with Giga PocketĀ® Realtime MPEG2 Encoder and TV tuner.

5. Max Powerz

Max Powerz Sergeant

Can you find out if it has VIVO? Oh you could also try just emailing sony about it.

6. Wyatt_Earp

Wyatt_Earp MajorGeek

From my experience, displaying your PS2 (or Xbox in my case) through the TV Tuner card in a computer is not worth the effort. There is a good amount of lag that makes pretty much any game unplayable. Not to discourage you, but the PS2 was made for the TV and works best that way.

P.S. - The picture doesn't really get that much clearer.

7. Max Powerz

Max Powerz Sergeant

Well I use my xbox with my tv wonder pro all the time, works great, you get svideo too, which is good enough.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds